Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Klassetur til Oslo

My class went on a class trip to Oslo on Wednesday. I went with my art class and we went to two different museums. But, Tuesday I got to spend the day with my exchange student friends and spend the night at one of their houses.
On Tuesday I took the train down to Oslo right after school with Katinka (one of my best friends in my class). Then once we got to Oslo S (the train station) Katinka and I parted ways, she went to her aunt's house and I went out to meet Cristina (Italy). Cristina and I sat and talked for a while. Then we met up with Elisabetta (Italy) and Chihiro (Japan). Then we took the subway to Vigelandsparken, the statue park. There we walked around a little bit, took some pictures, met a few monks, and then we laid down on the grass and tried to tan. Emphasis on tried for me... Alessandro (Italy) came and joined us. After a little while Elisabetta and Chihiro had to leave and Alessandro, Cristina and I walked a little bit around Oslo. We went to Majorstuen and Grønnland. Then after eating some Subway we took the train home. Cristina and I watched the TV show Weeds (which both of us are obsessed with).
Cristina, Chihiro, and Elisabetta

Chihiro

We were comparing tans... Guess who was the whitest (hint-hint: me)






Straight from the hood...

Cristina

Chihiro and Betta

Cristina went to school in the morning and I went into the city and met my class at the National Museum/Art Industry Museum. There we took a tour of the museum. It had things that we had learned about and taken inspiration from. We focused mainly on the modernism movement in design.
Then, we ate lunch and afterwards we went to the Astrup Fearnley Museum. That Museum was strange. There were many strange art pieces there, such as: a cow cut in half, a bunch of flies glued together to make a picture, and naked statues that looked like they were breathing. No one in my class really like thy museum. So we didn't stay there for long, and afterwards we went shopping. I am not allowing myself to buy anything more because I don't have a ton of money left and I am running out of space to bring things home. Then we went to Oslo S and took the train home. Why was funny was that I knew my way around Oslo better than most of my class. When they thought we were lost I got them back to the train station. Then a lot of them were nervous about taking the train, and some of them it was their dirt time taking the train. I remember in September when inward scared to take the train, that I would get on the wrong train or get of at the wrong stop. But now I am a pro and was the one to help all of them figure out which train we needed to take, where to buy the tickets, and which track to go to. 
Isn't she just the sweetest?!

Made a new friend today...

My class










The worst part was: we had school the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment