Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Schools Out!!

Well, technically school isn't out before June 20th, but everyone that was not chosen to take the exams was done on June 7th. So, no one in my class was chosen to take a written or oral exam, so we were all out for summer!! It has been really nice and I am glad that it has been nice weather also. I have done quite a lot in just a week.
On the Thursday before we got out of school I met my contact person at a cafe. I had not seen her since November. So we chatted and had a coffee.

Then, on Saturday I went to a cafe called The Ice Cream Bar (iskrembaren på norsk) with my friend Solveig. There we had a milkshake, Solveig for the first time ever, and American pancakes. The cafe was American diner themed, so they had American food and drinks. It was extremely good, I had a peanut butter and chocolate milkshake, it was heaven!



Then, on Sunday I just slept, went on a long walk with Nezzoz, and I went to Tønsberg with Emma.

I think the street signs are so funny!

Tønsberg

Tønsberg

Tønsberg
Then, on Monday, I rode my bike down to the city and sent one more package to the US and afterwards I went over to my friend Katinka's house. We sat outside (it was really nice weather that day), ate ice cream, and later made waffles and watched TV.


WAFFLES!

On Tuesday I met two other exchange students in Skien (a city about an hour away where I live). It  was an Italian girl named Elena and a French girl named Camille. We went to a place called Fritidsparken, which is The Free Time Park in English. They had a miniature water park inside there. It had two slides, and 6 different swimming pools. On had a hot tub, the other had a place where you could lay down and there were bubbles on you back (we laid there for a good 30 minutes), 5 diving boards at another pool, a racing/training pool, a wave pool and a lazy river type thing (where the water has a current and pushes you around in a circle).  There was also a sauna there, but we managed to stay in there for only about 5 minutes because it was so warm. We were at the water park for about 3 or 4 hours. Then, we took the bus to a grocery store, where we bought lunch and then we ate it by the water (I'm not exactly sure if it was part of the fjord, or just a lake). Then, about an hour or two late I took the train home to Sandefjord.



On Wednesday and Thursday I didn't really do much. I took Nezzoz for a walk both days and I also tried to start packing. Packing is a lot harder than i thought it would be. I thought packing to go back to the US would be no problem, but actually it is almost worse than packing to come here. I thought packing to go home you just had to throw your whole wardrobe in a suitcase and call it good, but no. I did not realize how much I bought this year. I had to buy winter coats, winter shoes, sweaters, wool underwear, mittens, and scarfs(I have about 13 scarfs). So I have sent home 4 packages and I just bought another box to send home, yesterday. I have also organized my clothes of what I need to take home, things I could leave here if I need to, and things that I am leaving here. I also sorted through all my papers and cleaned my room a little bit.

On Friday I went to Tønsberg with my friend Solveig. There we ate at a restaurant next to the fjord. It was fantastic. We sat outside and there was sun, it was warm, and we also had a chocolate volcano cake. Then we went to McDonalds and got a coffee, because no cafe would dare to be open at 9:00pm. And in McDonalds I ran into one of my friends from my class, Ida. This may have been the last time I will see her this year, so I was glad I ran into her but also sad that I had to say goodbye. Then once Solveig and I got back into Sandfjord we went to the McDonald's and got a mcflurry. Then, afterwards we walked home. It was supposed to be my birthday/goodbye dinner with her.
Dessert!









Me and Ida!!

Saturday I did some more organizing and cleaning and pecking during the day and in the evening I went to go see a movie with my friend Malin. We saw After Earth. The movie really wasn't all that good, but it was nice I spend time with her. She is one of my friends that is going to the US in exchange next year! 

Now today, today is Sunday. Later today I am going over to my friend Katinka's house and I am going to sleepover there along with my other friend Jenny. But now I have jut finished breakfast and am drinking my cup of coffee.  

Only 13 days until I am back in the US now. It is nail biting time... 😁

No comments:

Post a Comment