Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, April 8, 2013

One Groovy Weekend!

On Saturday afternoon I took the train to Asker and from there I went to Nærsnes to meet Stephanie (from Venezuela). I went to her house and there we got ready for the party! It was a 60's themed party and there were 32 exchange students there from both region 2 (my region) and region 1. So it was great because I got to see familiar faces and talk to other exchange students that I hadn't met before. We ate hot dogs for dinner and had a lot of brownies, rolls, and chocolate and marshmallows for dessert. Other than eating (which exchange students do so well) we talked, listened to music, and danced! I still have the inability to dance well, but it is so much fun to make a fool out of myself!

I'm a hippie!

Chihiro (Japan), me, and Anna (France)

Chihiro (Japan) and me 

A disco ball made by Amana (Brazil)

Alessandro (Italy), Lucas (Brazil), and Mario (Dominican Republic) trying to dance.


Me and Elisabetta (Italy)

Stephanie (Venezuela)

Us going crazy and dancing.

More dancing!



More (bad) dancing












































































































All of us exchange students
Then I stayed the night at Stephanie's house. I got my own room customized with an American flag and a graduation robe. It wasn't just for me, Stephanie's older host sister went to the US on exchange two years ago. But, it made me feel special :). We stayed up until about 4 AM talking and taking pictures. We all woke up at about 11:30-12 ish and ate breakfast together. Besides me and Stephanie, there was one Italian girl, one Thai girl, one Thai boy, a Japanese boy, and an Argentinian girl. The next day, after breakfast, we went and laid out in the sun because it was +13 degrees Celsius. Yes, it really was that warm.

Our pictures from 4 AM



















We are trying to tan.......
Then Cristina (Italy) and I met Amana (Brazil) and Alessandro (Italy) at the bus stop and took the bus into Oslo. In Oslo, we ate at Subway (it is not as good in Norway as it is in the US). Then we took the train to Alessandro's house, that was about 20 minutes out of Oslo. We picked up his camera and ate some chocolate, then took the train back into Oslo. I then attempted to climb the tiger statue again, and didn't manage. So we went to Wayne's Coffee where We had tea or coffee and took a video for Alessandro's video blog. It was pretty exciting! Then we went back to Oslo S, where I tried one more time to conquer the tiger. And this time I managed, but with a lot of help. Alessandro tried to help me up, and I almost got up, but not really. SO then, this random guy comes and says that he can help and he basically lifted me on the tiger. Then, after Alessandro took my picture and I got off some other random guy came up to me and recited me a poem about a smiling girl on a tiger. It may have been the strangest 5 minutes of my life in Norway. Then I took the train back to Sandefjord and Alessandro took his train back to Oppegaard.
4th attempt of trying to get on the tiger

It is scarier than it looks...

I finally conquered the tiger - but not without help....

It was a fun weekend and I can't wait to see everyone again!

The video we recorded: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hnw6EnGOWYA

No comments:

Post a Comment