Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

My Bad Luck

Well, this starts bad and gets a whole lot worse.
It started in February. I left my scarf at one of the other exchange student's houses after her party, I figured I could get it back the next day. But, no. She didn't answer her phone the next day. I have been to Asker about 3 times since and I have asked to get it every time and I never have (sooner or later I'll get it).
But that was a while ago...
Now, this weekend, as you know was the 60's party and I slept over at Stephanie's house. Well, everything was fine, until I was on the bus to Oslo and I realized I didn't have my watch. Fantastic, I wear that watch everyday...
Then, we were in Oslo and we got photo booth pictures, but I forgot to get them from the other girl I was with
Then, yesterday all my friends at school said how gross my phone looked because I had the same screen protector on my phone since I had been here. It was one of the indestructible ones, but it was pretty gross it was turning brown... Anyway, so I bought a new screen protector and changed it yesterday before dance. Then, after dance it fell out of my bag, like 2 feet, and hit the floor. When I picked it up and turned it over, the screen was shattered! You can imagine how happy I was :(

Luckily, I bought the insurance when I bought the phone. But, haha, there is no apple retail stores in Norway. The closest ones that can fix my phone are over 6 hours away in Sweden. So I searched online and it is 1300 kroner to get the screen fixed (about $200).
Then today, I had my final exam in English. That is fine, I am fluent in English and it should go well and I should get a good grade, right? Right. However, this morning I woke up early so I had time to go to my locker and still get to class on time. My host dad was even nice enough to drive me half way to school because it was on his way to work. But as soon as I got out of the car, I realized I didn't have my key (both for my locker and the house). So, I ran back home (in record speed). And the door was locked, so thankfully my host sister was leaving a little later and she was there to open the door for me. So I took off my shoes as fast as I could, which wasn't very fast because I was wearing my winter boots. Then I ran downstairs, got my key, ran back upstairs and started to put my shoes on. Then the dog would not stop licking my face, so it took me a good 5 minutes to put on my shoes. Then said goodbye again and left. I ran for about 3 or 5 minutes, then just walked fast (people were starting to look at me funny, that I was running to school). I ended up coming in about 5 minutes late, but they hadn't started the test yet, so everything was okay (other than the fact my face was bright red and I was a little out of breath)...

So that is my week so far, and it is only Tuesday...

No comments:

Post a Comment