Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

HELLdags Prøver

"Heldags prøve" - directly translated to English - "Whole day test" - the way I hear it - "Kill me now"

The whole day tests are what you could compare to final exams in the US. But they aren't. In the US, the final exams take about 2-2 1/2 hours. When they say "whole day test" here, they really mean it takes the entire school day. From 08:30 - 13:30.
Last week we had most of our whole day tests. Monday, we had the day off to study.
Tuesday, we had our whole day test in English. That one we only had to write 1 essay and a short answer, and I was done within about 3 hours. Thank goodness I am fluent in English!
Wednesday we had the day off to study.
Thursday we had our whole day test in math. It was horrible. The best way I can describe it is it is like taking an SAT, with only math, and no breaks. By the end of the 5 hours it took me to take the test my head was ready to explode.
Then, on Friday the rest of my class had a whole day Norwegian test, but because I don't get a grade in Norwegian I did not have to take the test :) Thank the heavens for that. If I had to take a Norwegian test for 5 hours, I think my head might actually explode.
Then, on Monday we had out art whole day test. Now, you would think that art would be an easy class t take a test in. Well, you are wrong. Art is probably the hardest test I have taken. First, let's start with the fact that I can't draw. Trust me, I have tried and I am trying to get better, but it is just not in my blood to be a good artist. Then, you get the general idea of what you may or may not be drawing the week before the test, but, you don't get your actual assignment until 5 minutes before you start the test. So that means you have to be creative and think on your feet, on top of drawing and painting well. Then, in this assignment, we had to tell a story in the picture. I drew a Jack-in-the-Box and building blocks, and there was a baby crawling out of the picture. I think I will get a 4 (B), and I hope I will get a 4. Because that at least means that I did something right in the drawing...
Then, Tuesday we were back to normal school. But we have our final whole day test on May 8th in Design and Architecture. That should be just as fun as the art test. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment