Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Oslo...again!!

This weekend I took the train to Oslo, again. I love going to Oslo and hanging out with my exchange student friends. We only have 8 weeks left until all of us take a flight back to a different part if the world. It will never be the same again, where I can just ring up an Italian and sleepover at her house or meet a French, Chilean, Brazilian, and Mexican in town for a coffee and a movie. I love my friends from all over the world, and to think that we won't be able to hang out like we do now, just in a matter of months, that is going to suck. That might actually be the worst part of this year ending and me leaving: that nothing will ever be the same as it was this year. I have had the best year of my life, and a lot of that is due to the awesome exchange students. :-)
Anyway, this weekend was fantastic. Now, all of us realize that we don't have much time left and we want to spend as much time together as possible. So I took the train in on Saturday and got into Oslo at 1pm. There I met Alessandro(Italy), Titi(Chile), Lou(France), and Andreane(Canada). We then proceeded to wait for Cristina(Italy), who used being Italian as an excuse that she was about an hour late :-). In that hour though Berkan(Turkey) ran up to us and hugged us and talked to us for five minutes, then he left again. It was a little strange, but hey, it's all good. Then we met Cristina and walked to the center of the city. There, we went to McDonald's. When we were there we met Claudia(Italy), Angel(Mexico), Demian(Argentina), Marcos(Venezuela) and 3 Germans(that I'm not exactly sure what their names are). After McDonald's we went out and walked around town a bit. Then a few left to go do something else and the rest went to Wayne's Coffee. We chilled out there for a while. After that we all took the busses back to where we were staying (I was staying at Cristina's house). And we agreed to meet up later to go see a movie. When we met up again we agreed that movies were too expensive, so we just hung out in the city. But, now it was just me, Cristina, Titi, Andreane, and Angel. We hung out, talked, Cristina sang some opera, it was a great night!






Dancin' in the street



On Sunday we planned to meet the other exchange students at Songsvann to have a little picnic thing. But I had the worst luck on Sunday! First, we figured out that it was impossible to have a bonfire there, like we thought. But that wasn't a huge problem, we just bought 2 of the one time use grills.
We got on the subway and were at Songsvann in 30 minutes. There, we met the others, grilled hot dogs, roasted marshmallows, and listened to music. I even got the others to try s'mores!! They loved them, no big deal. We were there for a few hours before we went back to the city.

Chubby Bunny
























Me and my homie























We got on the subway, and I had forgotten to buy a ticket. I bought one on Friday, but for some reason on Saturday it slipped my mind. And it was perfect because there was ticket control people at the second stop on our way. So I had to pay a 750 kroner fine for not having a ticket :-(. I tried to explain the situation, and I tried to start crying and acting like a really confused foreigner to see if that would get me out of it, but no. Not fun!! Then, that made us miss our subway and we had to go back to Cristina's house to get my bag, and then we we were one subway to late and I missed the train I was supposed to take home. Then, an hour later I took the train home and I was back in the comfort of my own bed again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment