Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Fourth Times the Charm!

I made it in the Norwegian newspaper for the fourth time this week! Now I really am famous in Norway. This makes it once in the national newspaper and three times in the local newspaper. Today, I even went to the post office to send home two packages and the lady working the counter recognized me and told me to have a nice trip home and if I enjoyed Norway. So, I am being recognized!!! :-)

This was the third time I was in the newspaper. It was on the first page and basically it just said that they wanted more host families in this area. Then, they told a little bit about me and about my host family and they had a picture of me and of my host parents.



This was the fourth time that I was in the newspaper. I was interviewed last week. She asked me about my family at home, my family here, the food, the culture, and basically what I thought of life here. Then she took a picture of me and then the story was in the newspaper on Thursday.
It was in the section called "Dagens Navn", which translates to "The Day's Name". They have one person in this section everyday, it is so everyone in town can see what everyone else does. The title of this article is "Utveklingsstudent fra USA", which you could probably guess means "Exchange Student from USA".


No comments:

Post a Comment