Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

My First Goodbyes...

Last Monday I had to say my first goodbyes. On Mondays I went to dance classes. I took jazz at Spotlight Dance Studio. It was fun, I met a lot of new people, and Kine was the nicest dance instructor I could have asked for. But last week was the final dance class. And I had to say goodbye to everyone in my class. It was a slap of reality that I actually have to leave and say goodbye to everyone. That was a hard realization, that in just 46 short days I will be leaving Norway and on a flight back to the US.

To top it all off, on Monday I received an email from AFS about the last camp for all the exchange students before we leave Norway to our home countries. That was a real wake up call. I did realize that I had to leave, but just seeing the paper and realizing it was only a matter of weeks until I would have to leave for the US. I feel like I have to leave home for the second time, instead of leaving to go back home.
  It is only 45 days until I have to go back on the plane to the US (and I don't want to go so soon).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Becca,
    I'm sorry you will be missing everyone and having to say goodbye. I'm so happy you were able to experience this. I saw your mom and sister yesterday. They miss you lots. Be safe and enjoy every last second!!!!!
    love Jamie

    ReplyDelete