Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Jeg er i Norge!

Hallo! Jeg er in Norge!

Hello! I am in Norway! Tomorrow is the last day of orientation camp, then I get to meet my family. I am super excited. Packing was awful and traveling for 12 hours was exhausting, but being here is surreal.

The departure orientation was in New York.

My mom and I in New York the day before she had to leave me with AFS.
The picture right before I was left in the hands of AFS and left for Norway!

These are exchange students from the US. They are going either to the Netherlands, Iceland, Sweden, or Norway

This picture is right after we got into Norway, fresh off two days of travelling.

At orientation we had to put on a talent show showcasing our country. We decided the USA didn't have any talents so we made fun of ourselves. While most countries sang a national song, danced a national dance, and wore national costumes a couple of us stuffed our shirts with pillows to be fat, the other two girls played the role of stupid valley girls, and the boy played Pauly D from Jersey shore. We improvised the whole thing and it actually went pretty well.

Well I have to say goodbye to all the AFS kids tomorrow and say hello to my new host family. I will see some again at more orientations, but some I won't. It is kind of sad, but I am extremely excited to finally be able to meet my host family.




No comments:

Post a Comment