Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, August 27, 2012

First day... Oh my!

So today was my first day of Norsk skole (Norwegian school). I did not understand one thing! It took forever to sort out what classes I was and was not taking, then there was a lunch break, and next I went to my first class. My first class was art. The teacher had me introduce myself, made fun of my accent, then had me sit down. Thank goodness two girls introduced themselves because I was so confused at what was happening that I was afraid my face would permanently get stuck with wrinkles in my forehead and one eye brow raised. The teacher spoke only in Norwegian except for when she asked if I understood anything she was saying and if I was having fun (my answers were kind of and yes). It is hard to have fun though when you cannot draw, everyone on the class is extremely good, and you cannot comprehend what is going on. I met two girls today and they helped translate what the teacher and students were saying. I cannot wait for English class on Thursday and Friday. Oh, and did I mention the school schedule is not the same any day of the week for two weeks?!? That's right, so it is so confusing Norwegian students even get frustrated. Plus, everyone here seems to be a lot more attractive. So that is a little distracting...

Tomorrow, for the second day of school we take a class trip to the beach to make sand sculptures. Hopefully it will get better, otherwise it will be one heck of a year!

He det bra!!
(Good bye)

No comments:

Post a Comment