Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, October 26, 2012

This Week in a Nutshell...

A lot has happened this week.

On Tuesday, I brought Twinkies and Candy Corn to school for my friends to try. My mom was nice enough to send it from the US especially for them. I don't really like either candy corn or Twinkies, bu they are very American, so they had to try them. Most of them didn't like the candy corn, because they thought it was too sweet and expected it to be more like marshmallows. Then only 1 out of 10 people didn't like the Twinkies. But, a lot of people said that it was like nothing they have tasted before. I am not sure if that is a good or bad thing...

Then on Thursday evening, the first snow fell. I was so excited. I had just gone down stairs to study for my English test, then my host sister, Synne, calls down and said "Rebecca... it's snowing." I grabbed my camera and ran up the stairs extremely quickly, then put on my boots and went outside. I was so excited. I went outside and just kind of stood there. There wasn't that much snow, but it was still exciting. Synne said it wasn't really real snow because they weren't snow flakes, it was more like hail. But, I classified it as snow!
Me in the snow.

Then on Thursday night, Solveig invited me to a Halloween Party at her school. It was the International School so everyone spoke English. It was nice. It wasn't really what I was expecting and it wasn't like the school dances in the US, but it was still fun. I dressed up as a devil; my last minute costume. She invited me the night before, so I had to run down to the city and go to the only store there that sold anything Halloween. And all that store had was scary masks and a devil set with horns and a tail.

At the Halloween Dance

Solveig and I eating really good chocolate spider cupcakes :)
Well that is all that has really happened. Other than the fact that it is getting extremely cold. I won't surprised if my nose has frozen off before the end of winter. It is also raining a lot. Last week we had 8 days straight of gray skies and rain. But today I saw the sun, so I am happy :). Also, all the leaves have changed color and a lot of them have already fallen off. They are the perfect Halloween trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment