Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Legally Blonde Moment

Do you remember the scene in Legally Blonde when Elle Woods went to the first day of law school and pulled out her pink notebook and fuzzy, pink pen while all the other students had laptops and serious looks on their faces?

Well, right now I feel like Elle Woods. Whenever the teachers say to take notes all of the other students pull out their computer and start typing. I take out a purple notebook and orange pencil from my backpack and just smile at the teacher while I try to decipher what letters they are writing on the board. Now, so far none have called me out in class and told me to leave and only come back when I am more prepared, like what happened in the movie. But they all give me the same look and ask me the same question of "Don't you have a computer yet?" My answer has been the same everyday for three weeks, "No :)".

Now my contract is supposedly being written as we speak, but who knows when, or if I ever, will get my computer. I hope it's soon because I would sure like to stop looking like the dumb blonde American...

No comments:

Post a Comment